Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rogo’s Bar and Grill

734 Willow Avenue

Let me begin by saying – I <3 Rogo’s spinach and goat cheese salad. Ok, that is the most important take away, so if you are skimming, you needn’t read on. For those of you that genuinely enjoy reading my restaurant reviews – I know, so many fans! – well, I <3 you too!

Rogo’s is just another neighborhood bar that happens to serve top-notch food. I wouldn’t have even ventured in this place unless my fearless companion, el chelulite, had done the foot work and test drove it, delivering rave reviews. I am once again thankful for her ability to look beyond aesthetics and see what’s inside of a person – ahem – restaurant, yes restaurant, that really counts ;) She introduced me to the delicious sweet potato fries (absolute perfection!) though I found the salad on my own.

I have to say, I was never a fan of the salad serving as main entrée, especially at dinner. But as of late, I have had no other choice. I am getting ever closer to the middle of my 20’s and my metabolism is beginning to turn on me. It is a salad like this that makes fitting into a size 26 jeans still possible. The spinach and goat cheese is complemented with portabella mushrooms, warm grilled chicken and topped with a light balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It is perfection – or as close to perfection as a salad can get.

Rogo’s also serves drinks and offers a number of weeknight specials, but for me, these are just petty details. The bar itself is a bit common and feels every bit like a local watering hole. The sandwiches and salads that Chels has tried are also fantastic, so I am a supporter of this establishment and recommend stopping in for a casual weeknight dinner. So, fellow readers, whomever has made it to this far without x-ing out, let’s go to Rogo tonight!

No comments: